An emerging production company goes to the headquarters of an award-winning advertising agency. In a meeting full of contradictory briefs and impossible deadlines, the filmmakers will have to decide how much they are willing to agree to in order to get that precious job.
Celia Galán (Barcelona, 1977) is a writer/director who graduated from the Royal College of Art in London. Her graduation film Story of the desert won the second prize at the Cinéfondation from the Cannes Film Festival and was shown in over a hundred international festivals (Sundance, Sitges, Edinburgh...) winning awards at Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Philadelphia and Toronto, amongst others.
In 2004 she was invited as an Artist in Residence in Berlin by the DAAD. Following that, she wrote and directed One minute past midnight, a short film that won the Cinema Extreme grant from the UK Film Council and Film Four, and was later awarded with the Gold Hugo at the Chicago International Film Festival.
After that she was selected to attend the Cinéfondation Residence from the Cannes Festival in Paris in order to write her feature screenplay Rosita Guzmán is alive. This project was presented in the Atelier of Cannes and Cinemart in Rotterdam and was the European finalist for the Sundance/NHK Best Screenplay Award in 2009.
In 2013 she co-founded the production company CELOFAN, where she directed the short films Rock Paper Scissors and We need it yesterday.
As a director of commercials she has worked for brands such as Vogue, Desigual, Banc Sabadell, Islas Canarias, Audi or Banc Sabadell; and for agencies such as BBDO, Condé Nast, Ogilvy, Havas or Double You. Her commercial work has collected awards at the Laus, AMPE and John Caples Awards.
– TRIFI Tri-Cities International Film Festival 2018 – Best Comedy Short (Washinton state, USA)
– Mostra de Curtas Noia 2018 – Best Scripc (Spain)
– FASCURT Festival de curtmetratges del Masnou 2018 – Undercut Award (Spain)
– Certamen de Cortometrajes Visualia 2018 – Best Short Film (Spain)
– L’Eliana Cinema 2018 – Audience Award (Spain)
– Promofest Short of the Year Winter Edition 2018 – Speciay Jury Mention (Spain)
– Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes Hacelo Corto 2016 – Special Mention (Argentina)